After a good start to the playoff weekend (well, not if you’re a Bengals or Eagles fan), we have two more games today that will officially set the final four in each conference. The New England Patriots are hoping to make a run towards another world championship, but they’ll first have to go through the Baltimore Ravens in Foxboro.
The Patriots have been a little different this season. They haven’t been the same type of team that we’ve seen in recent years. Their offense isn’t as dangerous, and their defense has just plain bad at times. But this is the playoffs, and this is where the Patriots shine. Bill Belichick knows how to get it done in the playoffs, as does Tom Brady. This team will be prepared for the Ravens…..that’s for sure. They just have to play good football, because you know the Ravens will be bringing their best today.
But be sure to join us for our live blog coverage of today’s game. Kickoff is set for 1 PM EST, so be sure to check back then for what should be a great playoff game.
- 12:04 CT: And we’re ready for kickoff from Foxboro! Ravens get the ball first.
- 12:05 CT: Well, that was quick. First play from scrimmage, Ray Rice takes it to the house. Touchdown Ravens, and they lead 7-0.
- 12:10 CT: It’s official. The Patriots are in trouble. Suggs with the strip on Brady, and the Ravens are about to score again.
- 12:14 CT: Four and half minutes in, and the Patriots are about to start hitting the panic button. McClain with the run, and it’s 14-0, Ravens.
- 12:20 CT: Seriously, let’s just go ahead and stop this game. If this were boxing, we’d already have a TKO.
- 12:22 CT: Pats’ fans are booing, and I’m not sure if they can hear me, but I am as well. This is ridiculous. Carr with a big return, and the Ravens are probably gonna score again.
- 12:28 CT: Ok, I’m fairly certain that the Patriots need to put up some kind of points here. Anything would be helpful.
- 12:32 CT: And Brady is intercepted. A lot of pressure on him there, and just a terrible throw. More points coming here.
- 12:34 CT: I haven’t watched the Pats every game this season, but this defense looks like the Broncos’ defense from last year.
- 12:35 CT: Ravens score again. Cue the “Twilight Zone” music. 21-0.
- 12:39 CT: Someone stop this game. Seriously. Call Roger Goodell, and call it off. It is over.
- 12:42 CT: 3 is better than 7. But it doesn’t matter too much when you’re down 21-0 already. Make it 24-0. Yes, we are still in the first quarter.
- 12:44 CT: So I’m not even the biggest Pats fan ever. But they are embarrassing the league right now.
END OF THE FIRST QUARTER/GAME: Ravens 24, Patriots 0
- 12:55 CT: If the Patriots don’t manage to score a touchdown here, this would be a huge disappointment.
- 12:57 CT: And they’re on the board! Edelman with the TD catch, and it’s 24-7.
- 1:06 CT: A little momentum now for the Pats.
- 1:09 CT: But there’s a lot of pressure on Brady again, and they fail to convert the third down.
- 1:12 CT: Nice return there by Edelman, and the Patriots are in business.
- 1:21 CT: Pats forced to punt though, and it doesn’t look like they’ll be adding on any points before the break.
- 1:27 CT: Well they could get the ball back here with a chance to put some points up.
- 1:29 CT: Or not. Ravens pick up the first down.
END OF THE SECOND QUARTER - Ravens 24, Patriots 7
Keys to the Second Half for the Patriots
1. Keep the pressure off of Brady. The Pats will have to throw the ball to get back into the game, which means they have to protect Brady better. Suggs and Lewis can’t be forcing him to throw it away every pass play. They have to block better up front.
2. Contain the run. On the other side, the Ravens will likely turn more towards the run in the second half. The Pats haven’t been all that successful in stopping it thus far, and need to put a few more guys in the box to prevent this.
- 1:43 CT: Ready to start the second half. Pats get the ball, and need to get something going soon.
- 1:55 CT: Moss finally gets in on the action with a nice catch there.
- 1:56 CT: Make it pick number three for Brady, on another deflected pass. Landry with the INT, and the Ravens inside the Pats 20.
- 2:00 CT: Ravens add on another field goal. 27-7.
- 2:07 CT: Some good plays here by Morris and Faulk. This is what the Patriots need to get going. But they have to put up some points quick.
- 2:11 CT: Well that gives them a little life. Brady to Edelman again, and the Ravens lead is trimmed to 27-14.
- 2:16 CT: Man, the Pats really needed a stop there.
END OF THE THIRD QUARTER - Ravens 27, Patriots 14
- 2:23 CT: Well they have to have the stop here. They can’t continue to let the Ravens run off even more clock.
- 2:29 CT: This is a pretty big play. Ravens will have a decision to make.
- 2:34 CT: And that will just about wrap it up. McGahee with the touchdown and the two-point conversion is unsuccessful. 33-14 now. Ravens will head to Indy, Jets will head to San Diego.
- 2:48 CT: Penalties at the wrong time. The Patriots just can’t catch a break.
- 2:54 CT: I’m not sure what Kelley Washington is yelling about over on the sidelines. His era was over a long time ago. What has he ever done in the league?
- 3:05 CT: We’re at the two minute warning, and this thing has been over for a while now.
- 3:10 CT: And that’s it. Ravens dominate the Patriots from start to finish, and get ready to head to take on the Colts next week. Thanks for joining me on the live blog today everyone! Be sure to head over and check out our Cardinals-Packers live blog as well!
FINAL SCORE: Ravens 33, Patriots 14
Current: Coming Soon!