It’s almost time for the AFC Championship to get underway in Indianapolis, and it’s a chance for the Indianapolis Colts to get revenge on the New York Jets for ruining their perfect season. But, this one is about more than revenge. It’s about a spot in the Super Bowl, and you can bet that both teams will bring their absolute best today at Lucas Oil Stadium.
For Peyton Manning, he’s been here before. He knows what it’s like to play on the grandest stage of them all, and he wants to get back there. For Mark Sanchez, it’s quite possibly the opportunity of a lifetime. As a rookie quarterback, he can lead his team to a Super Bowl with a win today.
It should be a great one, so be sure to join us today for our live blog coverage of today’s game!
- 1:58 CT: We’re only minutes away from kickoff in Indy!
- 2:05 CT: Colts with the ball to start the game.
- 2:07 CT: Great start for the Colts, as Wayne makes a great catch for a first down.
- 2:09 CT: Well that is the kind of pressure that is going to make the Jets successful today. They sack Manning, and the Colts get nothing going on their first drive.
- 2:13 CT: Fantastic pressure by the Colts, but Sanchez somehow makes an amazing play, and it’s first down Jets.
- 2:14 CT: Another first down for the Jets, and these kinds of conversions are great, simply because Manning is off the field even longer.
- 2:18 CT: Jets just lost all their momentum, as Feely misses the field goal.
- 2:22 CT: The Colts’ offensive line has to step it up here. Manning is getting pressured way too much.
- 2:27 CT: Jets not taking many chances on that possession. Colts’ ball again.
- 2:30 CT: Excellent run there by Donald Brown.
- 2:31 CT: And a big play by Pierre Garcon. They need those types of plays from him today.
- 2:33 CT: There it is again! Garcon with the catch, and the Colts are all the way down inside the Jets’ 10.
END OF THE FIRST QUARTER - Colts 0, Jets 0
- 2:42 CT: Colts have to settle for a field goal. 3-0, Indy.
- 2:45 CT: That was quick. Sanchez to Edwards, and the Jets score. 7-3, Jets.
- 2:51 CT: Well Collie can’t drop that ball. That was a first down. Luckily the Jets had too many guys on the field.
- 2:59 CT: That’s a very disappointing result for the Colts there. Settle for a field goal, Jets still lead, 7-6.
- 3:06 CT: The trick play works to perfection for the Jets, and they are in business.
- 3:11 CT: Sanchez gets hammered as he throws, but it doesn’t matter. He throws the touchdown, and the Jets are up 14-6.
- 3:16 CT: Colts fumble, and the Jets pick it up. This is going downhill in a hurry.
- 3:21 CT: Feely adds three more, and the Jets lead it 17-6.
- 3:27 CT: Yes sir! That’s how you answer. An 80-yard drive that takes less than a minute, and Collie’s TD cuts this Jets’ lead to 17-13.
END OF THE SECOND QUARTER - Jets 17, Colts 13
Keys to the Second Half for the Colts
1. Protect Peyton. This is the most important thing going into the second half. The offensive line has to play better, and they have to give Manning more time to throw. When he had time to throw, he made the Jets pay. The line has to recognize the blitz packages, and not let them get too many more hits on Manning.
2. Prevent the big play. The Colts allowed the one trick play that went for big yardage, and they also gave up the huge play to Edwards for the score. If they allow more of those in the second half, they are going to be in big trouble.
- 3:52 CT: Jets with a big third down here.
- 3:53 CT: Great hold by the defense, and Feely misses the field goal about 50 yards wide right.
- 3:58 CT: Another big catch by Garcon, and the Colts are in business inside the Jets 30.
- 3:59 CT: That’s an effort play there by Addai. Great job!
- 4:01 CT: Garcon!!!!! That was an excellent drive, and a great way to cap it off with the pass to Garcon for the score. Colts take the lead, 20-17.
- 4:06 CT: Nice hard run there by Jones, and the Jets have a first down.
-4:09 CT: Rex probably had a good case against that late hit against Sanchez, but they pick up the first down, so it doesn’t mean too much.
- 4:12 CT: Great stand by the defense, and Manning needs to lead another great drive here.
- 4:16 CT: No one on the line picked up the blitz, and Manning has to throw it behind his receiver. Colts punt.
END OF THE THIRD QUARTER - Colts 20, Jets 17
- 4:25 CT: Sanchez has been huge today on third down. Gotta give him credit there.
- 4:28 CT: Big third down stop by the Colts!
- 4:31 CT: C’mon Reggie! Take care of the ball. First down for the Colts, and luckily that fumble goes right back into the hands of Wayne.
- 4:34 CT: And the facemask penalty puts the Colts inside the Jets’ 20.
- 4:35 CT: Yes!!!! Manning to Clark, touchdown Colts! Excellent drive by Manning, and it’s now 27-17, Colts.
- 4:44 CT: Colts need to work a little clock here and pick up a few first downs.
- 4:47 CT: Great job there by Addai staying in bounds, and that clock keeps on ticking.
- 4:50 CT: First down Colts!
- 4:56 CT: Stover adds a field goal, and the Colts have a 30-17 lead with 2:29 to go. C’mon defense!
- 5:00 CT: Intercepted! And the Colts are going to the Super Bowl! Yes!!!!!
- 5:08 CT: And that’s it! The Colts win it and are going to the Super Bowl! What a great comeback by the Colts, and a job well done by this team. Thanks for joining me on the live blog today everyone, and be sure to join us in just a little bit for our coverage of Saints-Vikings!
FINAL SCORE: Colts 30, Jets 17